The Royal Dwellings
The construction of the royal dwellings was initiated by Duke Louis Ist of Anjou around 1370. It continued in the 15th century under Charles VII and Mary of Anjou.
This complex was composed of three buildings arranged in a "U" shape around an interior courtyard. The west and north buildings were destroyed. The south wing, which has been preserved, has been converted into a museum space. The large banquet hall, which has now disappeared, is called the Recognition Hall in reference to the mythical episode that took place there in March 1429: the presentation of Joan of Arc to the court of King Charles VII.