The Mill Tower
The Mill Tower was built on the initiative of Richard the Lionheart from 1190.
Perched on the western tip of the site, like a lookout overlooking the Vienne, it is a summary example of the military architecture of its time:
- "Angevin slope" which allows it to be anchored on a very sloping ground,
- Plantagenet vault and arrow slits with recesses on the ground floor,
- Access to the parapet walk through the 1st floor,
- Large bays on the 2nd floor providing a 360° view.
Today, only the ground floor can be visited.