The Royal Fortress of Chinon is a great option for tourism professionals, such as travel agencies and coach tours, on the lookout for new experiences for their customers.
The team at the Fortress is on hand to find the best visit package for your requirements. Whether you need information about time constraints, group numbers or accessibility, we can answer any questions you may have
FOR THE COMFORT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS
A large car park for coaches is situated close to the entrance of the Fortress.
In the summer season, The round table located inside the Fortress, serves delicious, quality food. A water fountain and drinks machines for hot and cold drinks are available for visitors. You will also find a large number of restaurants close to the Fortress.
The gift shop offers a wide range of souvenirs.
The Fortress offers you a guided tour for no extra price.
Price for 2018 : €6 (tourism professionals, agencies, coach tour operators, etc.)
THE GUIDED TOUR
- Group numbers: Guided tours can take up to 50 people. If your group is bigger, you can form two tour groups.
- Duration of the tour: The guided tour takes one hour. Leave another hour so that you have plenty of time to discover the royal lodgings and the different towers of the Fortress.
- Senior visitors: For groups of elderly visitors, the Fortress provides folding cane seats for their comfort.
- Languages :
- Booking required and subject to availability (especially for visits in other languages).
- You can visit the Fortress with a self-guided tour using the interactive guide booklet that will guide you as you visit.
- We can also offer iPad tours.
Price : €3 to hire an iPad.
- A choice of different themed tours: “The Plantagenets”, “War in the Middle Ages”, and more.
- Experience a jam-packed day out for €10: visit the Royal Fortress of Chinon followed by the Musée Rabelais de la Devinière, and finish off with a wine-tasting session accompanied with some fouace bread
Experience a jam-packed day out for €14: visit the Royal Fortress of Chinon, followed by the Musée Rabelais, and finish off with a wine-tasting session accompanied with some bread.
Depending on the time of year you visit, enjoy different temporary exhibitions all year round at no extra cost.
The Royal Fortress of Chinon regularly works with the other tourist sites in the area and with the Chinon Tourist Office. You can find accommodation for your groups in the area around the Fortress.
To book :
Tel. +33(0)2 47 93 13 45